Sunday, November 18, 2007

Space-Site

A long time ago I wrote to the Academy of American Poets and asked if they would please have an audio addition to the Bukowski poems already on their site (there are a number of his poems audio). I think I wasn’t nice and got an email back saying they would consider it and to please stop being so un-nice. I agree. One should be nice. But, I was speaking for a dead poet that did appear in Poetry (yes, I saw it for myself in the Portland Public Library downtown). So, there still isn’t an audio of him on the esteemed site. I don’t blame. I can see why one wouldn’t want to support … wait, he’s on the site. He was in Poetry. What, then, can we say about esteemed? Not that esteemed isn’t right, no, it is. And also input. I guess my question is, is poetry a site? A site for non-site. Or, a site-to see? A site-to-be-site-and-see-site? Ah, of course, sites are important. Which? Ah, see the sites.

But, if you get the chance, do listen to Berryman read his poem at AAP (it’s terribly wonderful). So, there’s your site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home